Business Updates & Resources
The Coffeyville Area Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to helping business in our community as well as making a positive impact on our community. Check back often for updates and new resources.
We have multiple areas to support your business. Don’t see what you are looking for? Click the link to submit a request. What does your business need / What can you offer?
Featured Business Strategy
- Learn how ‘being smart is not enough‘
- Why is Volunteering Good for your BusinessUsing Conversational Copy is a MUST
- Time Management Tips for Business Owners
Marketing & Sales
- Beyond Great Content
- Are you boring your customers? Learn better ways to engage with your customers
- Holiday Predictions for the retail industry
- Holiday Planning Cheat Sheet
- Marketing (in the new normal) that impacts customers and your employees
- What do consumers value in 2020?
- Grow your business by meeting the Chamber staff
- How can radio advertising promote your products or services
- 20 Creative Retail Promotion Ideas
- Focus on your customer, not your competition
- Point of Sale promotional strategies can maximize your sales. Read more here.
Managing your Business
- Managing expectations to make your customers happy
- Chamber Guide to online meetings
- 5 keys to a resilient supply chain
- The Do’s and Don’ts of an effective business apology
- Your employees still need reviews during COVID – here is how to help them!
- Building Resiliency, Keeping the Light On – A guidebook on the making sure you have a plan for long term success in your business, especially after challenges
- How do you prepare your business for a strong recovery? How do you communicate with customers & employees? Check out this recovery strategy article to learn more.
- Three soft skills to develop in staff to adapt to change effectively
- Chamber Small Business Reopening Guide
Business Newsletter Archive
- Sept 24th Oct 1st
- Sept 10th Sept 17th
- Aug 20th Sept 3rd
- Aug 13th Aug 6th
- July 30th July 22nd
- July 9th July 15th
- June 24th July 2nd
Recent COVID-19 Announcements
Check back often to see the latest updates, local and state mandates, COVID-19 announcements and more.
Other COVID-19 Announcements and Resources
To help our business navigate the challenges in this unprecedented time, please find specific information related to COVID-19 and your business.
Loan & Grant Assistance during COVID-19
- Coronavirus Relief Programs, SBA
- EIDL Program, SBA, June 2020
- Paycheck Protection Program, June 2020
- New grant opportunity: Save Small Business Fund, US Chamber.
- Restaurant relief support. Find out more here.
- Kansas Children’s Cabinet and Trust Fund, Child Care Action Lab Grants,
- Small Business Loan Checklist & Guide, US Chamber
- Paid Leave Requirements, US Dept of Labor
- Hire, Hospitality Industry Relief Emergency Fund
- SBA Disaster Funding Webinar Recording, KS SBDC
- FB small business grants for those impacted, more details to come
- SBA Disaster Assistance: See Handout for more details.
HR & Guidance
- Kansas issues guidelines for business during reopening, June 2020
- Kroger shares best practices for reopening
- American Express issues small business guide
- Childcare assistance available for front line workers, Kansas Dept of Children & Families
- Coffeyville Chamber issues small business guide to help you plan & maintain business during COVID-19
- New Guidance for Stores with Self Serve, KDHE
- The Kansas Department of Commerce launched a website to help Kansas businesses hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to submit your openings
- Global Trade magazine reports today on how companies can rethink their global supply chains to deal with disruption. Read more about reassessing supply.
- Labor questions and guidelines, March
- Food Service Guidance, State of Kansas, March 17
- Resources for Manufacturer, March
- Planning & Responding for Employers, US Chamber of Commerce
- Getting the Workplace Ready, WHO
- Workplace Tips for Employees, US Chamber of Commerce
- Interim Guidance for Employers, CDC
- Large Employer Planning for Pandemic Checklist, CDC & HHS
COVID-19 Community Information
Next, find general COVID-19 information, community resources and more.